Collada export unit handling
|Assignee:||Jonas Hauquier||% Done:|
|Target version:||MakeHuman 1.1.2|
r1963 on Windows 10
1. Export a model with each of the 4 export unit dhoices in collada format
2. Import the models into Blender with "include units" unchecked (default) -see front row
3. Import the models into Blender with "include units" checked -see back row
4. Now investigate the collada files to see how units tag was written and how scaling was handled for vertex locations. It appears that only decimeter units and scaling are different in collada file consistent with 2nd row of image above.
Units entry in the <ASSET> section of various MH collada export choices:
exported centimeter .dae <unit meter="1.0000" name="meter"/>
exported decimeter .dae <unit meter="0.1000" name="decimeter"/>
exported inch .dae <unit meter="1.0000" name="meter"/>
exported meter .dae <unit meter="1.0000" name="meter"/>
#1 Updated by Rob Baer almost 3 years ago
I'm not certain this is exactly the right issue to share this information back to the MH community, but it is one of the more recent places I've posted an issue relating Blender import behavior relating MH Collada export.
Apparently, there is continuing Blender work on a python alternative for importing Collada files into Blender. Presumably as a result of a couple of issues I had posted at Blender Developer, I just received email notification Blender Collada work.
I share them here before they become buried in my email inbox.
Campbell Barton (campbellbarton) added a comment.
Note, I've put up a more in-depth review at https://developer.blender.org/D1787 (updated from upstream)
#5 Updated by Aranuvir # almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Fixed
Just did some quick tests by exporting the default MakeHuman mesh with different scale settings. Controlling all files in a text editor the dimensions where written correctly, e.g.: <unit meter="0.0254" name="inch"> and on import scales where as expected.
Not sure if there have been fixes in the code, but the issue is not reproducible, setting it to fixed.
Also available in: Atom