Material chooser: changing material when wireframe is enabled disables wireframe
|Status:||Fix exists, needs testing||Start date:||06/19/2014|
|Assignee:||Jonas Hauquier||% Done:|
|Target version:||MakeHuman 1.1.2|
Enable wireframe, then select any material from material chooser.
#4 Updated by Joel Palmius about 2 years ago
Diff from pull request (I'll test and merge this):
diff -r 4161ca079076 makehuman/plugins/3_libraries_material_chooser.py --- a/makehuman/plugins/3_libraries_material_chooser.py Wed Jan 11 11:10:06 2017 +0100 +++ b/makehuman/plugins/3_libraries_material_chooser.py Fri Jan 13 13:24:41 2017 +0100 @@ -90,6 +90,8 @@ obj = self.humanObjSelector.getSelectedObject() if obj: gui3d.app.do(MaterialAction(obj, mat)) + human.setSolid(not gui3d.app.actions.wireframe.isChecked()) + self.humanObjSelector = self.addLeftWidget(HumanObjectSelector(self.human)) @self.humanObjSelector.mhEvent
#5 Updated by Rob Baer about 2 years ago
- % Done changed from 100 to 90
Tested win 10 v1.1.0 stable r2106 (c78914466edf)
Having trouble interpreting expected behavior here.
1. are we talking "any material" or "skin material
2. Am I reading that wire frame SHOULD be disabled?
1. Adding material to eyes makes eye material appear; all else remains wireframe
2. Add material to clothes, clothes material appears; human remains wireframe
3. Add skin to human, human material appears; clothes and eyes remain wireframe
4. If at any point you uncheck wireframe button, materials on all assets are properly displayed
This behavior all seems quite sensible. The one inconsistency is that if you manually add a material to the last asset in wireframe it does not "unset the wireframe button". Still, it is easy enough to manually toggle wireframe off and back on to restart with complete wireframe mode. Automatically toggling the button off seems a fine point.
Side note - did not test materials for geoms like eyelashes, eyebrows, teeth, tongue.
Do we have the behavior we want? If so its fixed.
#7 Updated by Aranuvir # about 2 years ago
It seems Rob describes the old behavior. From his point of view he could be right and the behavior before the patch could be desired. In this case we could even discuss, having a toggle button to set the wire-frame mode per selected object. The question is,does anyone need this option? All in all I wouldn't call this issue a bug, rather than a certain behavior that could be desired or not.
So, three options to choose:
- leave it as is (before my patch)
- strict mode (wire-frame mode, means wire-frame mode even when other textures are selected)
- toggle button for wire-frame mode per asset.
#9 Updated by Jonas Hauquier about 2 years ago
Joel Palmius wrote:
This also looks sane. But I'd prefer a pull request against stable here too.
Tricky, because could have undesired side-effects. Might need a bit more maturation time. (if this was all that simple I'd probably already have fixed it long ago, instead of just reporting it)
#10 Updated by Rob Baer about 2 years ago
- File screenshot_1_1484509376.png added
- Target version changed from MakeHuman 1.1.1 to MakeHuman 1.1.2
Current behavior (r2106) allows views like below. Could this be useful for proxy/topology/clothes evaluation?
Tested win 10 v1.1.0 stable r2106 (c78914466edf). Not sure of patch status in this release
I guess it needs to "mature" we leave the issue open for at least one more release. Setting to 1.1.2
Also available in: Atom